Saturday, January 2, 2010

It must be fate.......

It's been approx 12 days since I sent off my online application, no reply yet :(

However, something happened which I though was very strange seeing that I'm travelling around around Australia and have been for 12 months....
I went shopping the other day and reached into my purse to find a $1 coin, I saw a silver coin in there which is wierd cause australia money is gold, looked at it and ther was a shiny UNITED ARAB EMIRATES silver money coin!!!!!!!!
My boyfriend didn't put it in there, no idea how I got it!! So, I'm thinking it muxt be fate and the stars are trying to reassure me that I will get an invitation to the next assessment day :)I'm deff keeping the coin as my lucky charm!

I've been tryig to take extra care of myself over the last 2 weeks ( even if I have eaten way too much chocolate and drank too much beer at Christmas!! ), I've heavily invested in my career ( that's just an excuse to buy lots of beauty products! ),
bought New Glo to whiten my teeth, new L'Oreal lipstick, Sheer Cover for my wrinkles, a manicure set, vitamins and some lovely fresh perfume, Calvin Klein Euphoria. I really need to go the hairdressers too, after being in the sun for the last 12 months, my hair is lopking more like Worzel Gummage than a groomed Emirtaes air hostess!!!!!

There are lots of one day courses in London which cost approx $150, they give you an insight to role plays, interviews, the cabin crew job and what to expect, aircraft info, information about the different airlines, think it would be really useful especially the interview stuff, I'm dreading the question...what are your weaknesses?
Of course I have lots but don't really want to go into my weak points in an interview like I'm moody if I don't get enough sleep and I am sometimes impatient! So, I've been trying to think of a negative that I can turn round into a positive in an interview situation. Could do with some interview advice I think!

I'm also a little worried about the fact that I have no airline experience and seeing that Emirates receive 15,000 applications per month, they can be picky.
So, maybe one of these courses will be an advantage in their eyes?

I've got 3 days left in sunny Broome Australia then flying back to Perth for 6 days, when I get to Perth I'm going to Camera House to get some professional photos done just in case I get the interview, they need 6 passport pics and full length shots in business attire so going to make the most of having a tan and get them done here!

Fingers crossed for the invitation.....

Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment